General information on eVisa Myanmar
September of 2014 has introduced us to the possibility of acquiring a visa to Myanmar through an online system. It authorizes travelers of certain nationalities to apply for an electronic visa online. Nationalities which have been included in the visa exemption, don’t need to apply for a regular visa at an embassy or consulate.
An eVisa to Myanmar authorizes a single entry on a country territory in either tourism or business purposes. Regardless of the cause, an eVisa, once granted, remains valid for 90 days from the issuance date. Tourists are authorized to stay up to 28 days, and business visitors must exit the country territory before the period of 70 days passes.
In order to get an electronic visa, you are only required to complete an online form. The processing time usually does not exceed the time of 72 h. Once your eVisa is approved, it will be sent to you automatically to the email address provided in the application form. Apart from the passport, you are obliged to carry a printed out visa with you to the airport. The customs officials at the airport will verify all the details.
A list of nationalities eligible to apply for an eVisa online:
Nationalities entitled to acquire a business and tourist visa:
Nationalities who can enter Myanmar only as tourists with a valid eVisa:
Ports of entry
An eVisa authorises your entry through the following ports:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
If your entry will take place through a sea port, or other not mentioned on the list above, you have to apply for a regular visa at the embassy.
Requirements for an eVisa
- A photograph of an applicant
- A photograph of an applicant
- An invitation letter issued by a company located in Myanmar
- Certificate of company registration from Myanmar
You don’t need to attach a passport copy to your application to prove that your passport has been issued by one of the eligible countries.
- Passport validity has to exceed 6 months from the intended arrival date;
- The government does not authorize entries via seaport;
- Each passport holder, including minors, has to enroll a separate application;
- An eVisa does not authorize any labor activities;
- Citizens of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam have been excluded from an obligation of applying for an eVisa, as long as they are planning on crossing the border as tourists, for a period not exceeding 14 days and using one of the enlisted international airports: Yangon, Mandalay albo Naypyidaw;
- Citizens of Singapore, Japan, Korea, Makau, and Hong Kong do not need a tourist eVisa as long as their stay in Myanmar will not exceed 30 days. Entry can be done via any of the available national ports.
We wish to inform you that even if your arrival to Myanmar will take place within a couple of months, you can apply for an eVisa now. Our specialized team will process your application when the time is appropriate to make the document valid for your entire stay in the country territory.